Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Me! It's all about ME!

I had great fun playing model this weekend for Martine, at her gorgeous pad in Kichijoji. She took like, I dunno, 1200 photos or something. We were attempting to recreate the old-school Hollywood glamour shots (I know, in American spelling, there is no u, but I think it looks better that way, don't you?), for her portfolio and my life-long dream of pretending to be a movie star of the Golden Age. The woman has talent. She does great things with lighting. Worship her. Send her money. At least check her blog often and see all her amazing work. It's always right there on the side of this page: frangipani, or just click here.

These are just a few of my favorites, in their raw form. Martine has not touched these with her magic wand yet, but I can't wait to see what she conjures.




















































































































I think this one, as far as the raw photos go, has to be my very favorite. Especially the mirror-me. So glamorous.














When I saw all the mirror photos, I was a little disturbed. It's like, if I had a long-lost twin that I suddenly ran into one day, would I like her? It's a scary thought, two of me. I know you're thinking the same thing.

In other non-news, Kevin, the Germinator, is still in the hospital, doubtlessly bored out of his mind. Jeff and I were supposed to go visit him this past weekend, as our kids (the TB clinic doesn't allow kids) were supposed to be off with their respective friends, but the plans went awry. Damn kids.

M and his friends currently have an obsession with BB guns (plastic BBs, less dangerous than metal, but tend to get everywhere. They sell them in 20 oz bottles). He is definitely reaching the age where peers matter. And where we introduce a new horrible phrase into his life: "You're grounded."

I'll end with a look at the spectacular world of Japanese facial "esthetiques." I don't know if you remember a post last year sometime (I tried to find it, but I'm too lazy to go through all those posts) when I compared the "smile fixer" device to Victorian chinstraps? Well.




















And you can make your nose narrower, too! Those plastic wheels will whittle away bone in no time!




















This one is my favorite. The heat from the shower helps melt away that wattle! I guess. May interfere with singing.

2 Comments:

Blogger MissSin said...

You look pwetty!
And if there were 2 Sandi's, you could leave one at home babysitting, while the other went out on the town.
And then we could hang out more.

Still, two angry sandi's would be a formidable thing to witness...

12:33 PM  
Blogger Sigsy said...

Love the pics and the poses.
Tremendous!

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home