Friday, June 15, 2007

Izu II: Family-style

Please excuse the tardiness of this post. I have been in sinus hell, and I couldn't bear to look at the bright screen of my computer. I am still a bit foggy, so this will be brief as far as narration goes.

We went back to Shimoda last weekend, to see Mooney and Keni at the Paradise Cafe, and to give the rest of my family a chance to experience the wonderful beach.

It rained a lot of the time (it IS June), including a real hum-dinger of a morning thunderstorm, but we had enough non-rain time to enjoy the beach. D & I especially had a great time exploring the side of the beach I hadn't seen before, looking for various sea-critters.
































































































Helen and I saw Mooney and Keni, and did some drinking with them, and some fans from Kamakura, after. Sadly, Jeff didn't get to see him because the kids were being huge pains in the butt and he had to take them back to sleep.





























Due to his not drinking the same copious amounts the night before, Jeff was able to get up before dawn to catch the sunrise on the beach and make a new friend.





























On the way back home, we stopped under the spiral bridge to see some of the Seven Waterfalls. Very cool.

































































































































As always, lots more pictures here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home