Monday, June 04, 2007

Swing Festival

Went to Urawa with Helen on Sunday for the "Swing Music Festival." I'm not really sure why they called it "swing." There wasn't really any swing, but lots of jug-band, folk, blues, country, and jazz. Oh, and alcohol. Yeah. Sachiko, Mooney, and other familiar and new-to-me acts played all day and into the night in various odd venues, from the usual cramped bar to a parking lot to a curry place. Anyway, check out this quick (seriously, you have 3 minutes, don't you? it took me all day) video of the highlights.



And add your own caption to this picture of my youngest son.















I could explain the situation to you, but that wouldn't be as much fun. If you leave a good comment, I'll tell you about it.

4 Comments:

Blogger MissSin said...

maybe there wasn't much swing music at the festival...but i was definitely swinging by the end of the night...
oh dear, that came out wrong.
swinging = swaying = staggering = drunk
didn't mean swinging as in the swapping car keys with other people's husbands...

whatever...think i should shut up now.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Martine said...

har har har, that video was fun. I speshally thort the sexy blonde chik singing in the middle bit was tops.

ahem.

I think a certain young child is a hero, and has suddenly been gifted with super-powered legs with which to run beyond the speed of light, thus acting as Hiro's newest and sweetest apprentice. We see him here after his first round-the-globe marathon, which he completed in an impressive best time of 23.16.09 minutes. Hiro is coming over tomorrow, I heard, to commence his official hero training.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Kevin Ess said...

You know I'm good for captions:


-Elephantitis-- Keeping our young men popular in junior high since Plymouth Rock.

-"Great... So, uh... Let's stop with the squats for a while and focus on the upper body..."

-"Maxx did it."

7:51 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

I think Kevin was closest to the truth, with the last one. Those are stuffed animals in there.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home