Thursday, August 10, 2006

One week.

One week. Holy sh*t. Our 'box' has been delivered and will be filled by Friday morning, to go off to it's temporary home in a Kent warehouse. The remaining crap we can't part with is going in the attic, and the crap we can part with is going to be raffled off on Saturday, at the buh-bye bbq. You win it, you take it away, no matter what it is. In the immortal words of Mitch Hedburg (who was talking about a flyer handed out on the street): "Here, you throw this away for me."

I am and am not looking forward to this certain-to-be-memorable event. Part of me just wants to sneak away. My house may not be completely ready to go, but I am. It's time.

Mogs (and his fleas) will be off to his new home on Thursday. I'm glad Jeff will be taking him. Oddly, I don't even really want to meet his new owner. I'm not sure why. It's weird to think that I'll never see him again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam Weston said...

Hey Sandi,
Sounds like things are going (out). This is the probably the most stressfull part of the move. When I was going through the final week, I lost around 10 pounds (moving crap out into the street) and hardly slept. I think you'll feel relief when you're actually on the plane.

I was lucky not to have to go through all the fanfare. We had a couple of small going away dinner parties with a few close friends. I hope the rest of your move goes smoothly.
Best regards, Adam

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home