Thursday, June 15, 2006

Japanese Invasion

We now have DJ Macky Ramone and Yuta and Sachiya, also known as Sparks & Twinky (not necessarily in that order) staying with us. They got here just in time, due to a day-delayed flight, to meet almost ALL of our friends at the BUZZ BUZZ BBQ. Since then, it's bveen a lot of shopping and beer-drinking and music. I took them to Uwajimaya today and we got everything we need for a Japanese feast, featuring ikonomi-yaki, shrimp tempura, and soba. I had initially suggested some sashimi, but Macky turned up his nose at the selection. Usually, there is a tank full of live fish there, but it was empty today. What they had was not fresh enough. My first lesson in true Japanese cuisine. I also learned that when the Japanese throw a dinner party or a BBQ, everyone is expected to chip in some cash. He was surprised when I told him that the hosts usually pay for everything except the extra beer. I think I like the Japanese way better. We split tonight's groceries.

Here's some BBQ pics.

Yuta and Sachiya















Yuta and Davey and Rock'm Sock'm Robots















Macky from our trip to Japan last year (for some reason, there were no good pics of him at the BBQ)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home