Friday, February 23, 2007

Happy Year of the Boar

Erik & Calista left on Tuesday. Sunday was Chinese New Year celebration on Chinatown (we have the largest in Asia). Sadly, I was ill for 4 days with a horrific cold, and couldn't take part in the festivities. But I sent my camera along.

Earlier in the day was Family Fun Day at Horizon International School, where fun was indeed had by all.















M apparently horrified some people with the odd combination of things he put on his make-your-own crepe. Only a kid could eat it. And he did.















M and Ricky as Harry Potter















Alex and new Owen. Figures they'd show up. I've been dying to see this baby!
















More pictures here.

Later, everyone went to Chukagai for the Dragon Parade and other New Year stuff. I haven't really explored Chinatown yet, but the pictures really make me want to.















Keitais in full effect
















































Erik was really excited for everyone to try scorpion-on-a-stick. Alas, they were sold out.















I made them take Flat Stanley along, too















I think these odd jarred things are supposed to be good for your health.















Very pretty portait.




















See more fun pictures here.

I think I'm all over my cold and ready to rock again. I start volunteering next week at the kids' school, helping to overhaul and reorganize the library with a couple other moms. It'll give me something to do on the weekdays, and some people to talk to, both of which I desperately need. I have also been recently inspired to start a set of paintings. I don't know why, but I find the amazing aesthetic here almost more intimidating than inspiring. Plus, I miss having a studio outside the house. There are too many distractions at home. But I'm going to make a concerted effort.

Also, I'm going to see if I can convince Shingo to give me Japanese lessons, as the classes I was going to turned out to be very disappointing ever since the nearly-fluent Brazilians showed up to throw off the level of instruction. Who decided to put them in a beginner's class? They will be confused when they are the only ones left in the class, as the rest of us have dumped it. I'm also going to see if Shingo will give me piano lessons. I've always wanted to learn and someone should learn how to play the one we have in Seattle.

Jeff is going out of town next week. Plenty of time to catch up on all the TV shows I've recently become addicted to (told you I needed to get out of the house, didn't I?): Desperate Housewives, Supernatural, and my new favorite: Heroes. Pathetic, I know. I never watched much TV before, but then I didn't seem to have so much time on my hands before. Hopefully, that will be fixed soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger MissSin said...

happy new year!
completely missed the chinese new year here - not a very european thing, i guess...

am off down the pub later to quaff some proper british ale...
i'll see if i can find one with a pig-like name...

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home